Pretty little liars...

"If I'm being honest..." sing The Chainsmokers in one of their songs (link to the song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsv5IeI8bA8). I don't know why we all are sometimes scared of the truth. I don't say that I always tell the truth because that's obviously a lie. Cast the first stone who
source
have never lied. We do this and I can't understand why. Sooner or later everything will come up and we will have more trouble than we would have if we said the truth instantly. There is also more pain for us and for the ones we lied. 
Some time ago I did my own experiment. During one week I said only the truth. If someone asked me about my opinion, I said what was on my mind. I didn't lie, even if someone was expecting me to do that. After that week I lied but I couln't stand that more than 4 days. I had enough. Why? There are 3 major reasons.
1. Because making up the lies is a lot of harder than we expect. We're thinking we know what we are doing but suddenly we're entangled by all our lies and we don't know what is true anymore and our stories aren't coherent.
2. Coherent. Sometimes we say something and we forget about that. It's human, nothing to worry about. Perhaps we lied, than that's the right time to worry because when someone will ask us about the same thing and we will reply differently... Well, that's uncomfortable slip-up.
3. Last but not the least. We are hurting people. It doesn't matter if they sometimes want to hear a lie, usually they expect our honesty. Even if we think we protect someone, most of cases show that we don't.
We lie about a lot of things. That depends on what we want or what we do. Try do my experiment. With two options - one week for truth, one week for lies. I am very curious how long you will manage. Because lie seems to be a great way to live when we need this, but actually, only the truth is the right way to live. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

The Selection - Kiera Cass

Who you really are?